Makes 4 pepper halves
- 2 cups Plant-Powered Black Bean and Beef Blend
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 cup shredded low-fat Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, mix together cooked rice and prepared Plant-Powered Black Bean and Chicken Blend.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Place cut side up in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Spoon blend mixture into each pepper half (approximately ½ cup in each). Sprinkle each pepper with 2 tablespoons shredded cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until peppers are softened.
Add additional toppings as desired: Salsa, Cilantro Sour Cream (recipe below), Diced Avocado.
Cilantro Sour Cream Recipe Mix 1 cup low fat sour cream, 6 Tbsps. fresh chopped cilantro and 2 Tbsps. lime juice in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.