The season for holiday gatherings is here, and hosting a party can be a wonderful way to create lasting memories with family and friends. To help you plan holiday celebrations that are simple, relaxing and enjoyable, we want to share six tips and amazing Michigan Bean recipes to ensure your party is a delicious success.
- Develop a simple timeline – When you have the date scheduled for your party or gathering, create a timeline working backward from the party day. Schedule the key tasks that will need to be done such as sending invites, housecleaning, decorating, shopping, food preparation and set up. Use this timeline to create your more detailed check lists.
- Be a list maker – From the guest list, to the food shopping list, to the decor list, having everything written down will help keep you from forgetting anything. It’s also a great way to organize what needs to be done so you can delegate some of the tasks. And of course, you can’t beat the satisfaction that comes from checking things off a to-do list!
- Create an easy and nourishing menu – No need to spend hours in the kitchen stressing yourself over complicated dishes. Look for easy and unique crowd-pleasing recipes. One menu strategy is to create a buffet of easy-to-eat appetizers so people can help themselves. Try one or more of our delicious Michigan Bean dip recipes that are sure to be favorites. For instance, this Baked Buffalo Dip is perfect for a range of guests, including those that may be on a gluten restricted or vegetarian diet. And this new White Bean Pizza Dip recipe below will be popular with both kids and adults. Simply add small plates, napkins and a variety of “dippers” like toasted baguette slices, pretzel thins, breadsticks, pita chips, or veggies.
- Manage the beverages – While many guests might want a glass of wine or a cocktail, some individuals may be looking for a nonalcoholic option. Offer a variety of non-alcoholic drinks and perhaps a “signature cocktail” or non-alcoholic blend. Having a variety of choices will help meet your guests needs and can help prevent anyone from consuming too much.
- Prepare the inside and outside of your home – Take some time to make sure your bathrooms are clean and well-stocked, and put out some single holiday guest towels if desired. Decorate the table and interior of your home by adding candles, lights and fresh greens. For the outside, make sure to turn on any holiday lights and shovel the sidewalks and driveway if needed. Make sure to use de-icer if there are any icy patches to prevent slips and falls.
- Provide take home gift – As you say goodbye to your guests, send them home with a special holiday gift like this easy-to-make Spicy Black Bean Soup. Just pick up some bags of Michigan Dried Beans, print up the tags from the template provided in the link and add a mini wooden spoon. Your guests will love using the soup mix for a warm, healthy and delicious meal!
Finally, enjoy your holiday celebration and the season!