Make Once – Eat Twice! Blend yields approximately 8 cups which can be used in our Mexican Lasagna and Burrito Stuffed Peppers recipes below.
Prep time: 20 minutes
- medium yellow onion
- 8 oz. crimini mushrooms
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 cans (15 oz.) BUSH’S® Black Beans, drained
- 1 package (1 oz.) taco seasoning mix, 25% less sodium
- 1 can (15 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (11oz.) yellow kernel corn, drained
- Pulse onion and mushrooms in food processor until coarse texture. Set aside.
- In large frying pan, brown ground beef. Drain fat. Set ground beef aside in separate bowl.
- In same frying pan, heat oil. Add onions and mushrooms from food processor and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until most of the moisture has been released. Add the black beans and mix.
- Add the cooked ground beef, taco seasoning, crushed tomatoes and corn to the black bean and mushroom blend. Mix and cook until heated through.
- Set aside 2 cups for Burrito Stuffed Peppers and 6 cups for Mexican Lasagna.
For your favorite recipes, use 4 cups Plant-Powered Black Bean and Beef Blend to replace one pound ground beef.
Nutrition information (per ½ cup serving): 113 calories, 4.5 g fat, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein, 218 mg sodium