- 1-1/2 cups dry Yellow-Eye or Navy Beans
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Drain soaked beans.
- Combine with water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until tender, about 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine in a baking dish, stirring well.
- Cover tightly and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for 30 minutes more.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 5
Serving size: 3/4 cup
Sodium: 121mg (420mg using canned beans)
1 lean meat