2 (15-ounce) can Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup long-grain rice, white or brown, uncooked
1 cup fresh broccoli, florets cut, stems sliced, and steamed for 5 minutes
1/2 pound snow peas
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced thin (about 2-1/2 cups)
4 to 6 scallions, sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 teaspoon tarragon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Greens for serving
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook rice.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients, including the cooked rice.
- In a jar, combine all dressing ingredients.
- Cover the jar, shake well, and pour dressing over the salad mixture.
- Toss salad to mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate salad until serving time.
- On a large platter, serve salad on a bed of greens surrounded by a ring of cherry tomato halves.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 6
Serving size: 1-1/4 cups
Sodium: 120mg (320mg if using canned beans)
1 lean meat