- 1 (15-ounce) can Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red or green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Pepper to taste
- 6 biscuits, plain, lower fat, refrigerator dough
- Spray medium saucepan with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium heat until hot.
- Sauté carrot, onion, pepper, celery, and mushrooms until tender.
- Stir in flour and herbs. Cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add Pinto Beans, chicken broth, chicken and peas.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Pour mixture into six 6-ounce clay flower pots, custard cups, or soufflé dishes.
- Top each with a biscuit.
- Bake pies in preheated 400°F oven until biscuits are golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place pies on plates and serve.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 6
Serving size: 3/4 cup
2 lean meat