- 1/4 cup each dry Black Beans, Cranberry Beans, Pinto Beans, and Light Red Kidney Beans
- 1/2 cup dry Navy Beans
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 6 cups water
- 4 carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 cup each dry split peas and lentils
- 1/2 cup each dry green split peas and black-eyed peas
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- In a large stockpot, cover dry beans with 4 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cover the Pot and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and rinse.
- In a small saucepan coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté mixture, beans, water, carrots, celery, rosemary, thyme, and basil to stockpot. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
- Stir in peas, lentils, and tomatoes and cook for 30 minutes.
Servings per recipe: 12
Serving size: 1-1/4 cups