- 2 (16-ounce) can Black Beans, drained
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 pound ground lamb, lean
- 1/ 2 cup chopped onion, frozen
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 (8-ounce) cans no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can no-salt-added chicken broth
- 2 (4-ounce) cans green chilies, undrained and chopped
- Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over a medium-high heat until hot.
- Add lamb and onion, and cook until browned, stirring often. (Note: When done, remove lamb mixture from pan; drain pan well, then wipe clean with a paper towel. Return lamb mixture to pan.)
- Add chili powder and remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Optional: Cover with a light sprinkling of shredded Cheddar cheese. Also serve with a large square of cornbread or a hot cornmeal muffin.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 7