- 2 (15-ounce) cans Black Beans, undrained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 6 green onions, minced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- In a medium saucepan, combine beans with liquid, chili powder, cumin, garlic, and bay leaf. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf. Drain bean mixture, reserving liquid.
- Mash beans, adding liquid as needed for desired consistency. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Fill tortillas with 2 tablespoons of bean mixture and top with green onions, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Roll up into a tube shape and place in a 9×13-inch pan, seam side down.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining bean mixture, salsa, sour cream or yogurt.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 6
Serving size: 2 flautas
Sodium: 231mg (580mg using canned beans)
1 lean meat