- 1 (16-ounce) can Black Beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or other light cooking oil
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 (16-ounce) package of frozen mixed vegetables, including cauliflower,
- carrots, and asparagus, thawed and drained (Note: If this combination is not available, use individual packages of each vegetable or use another
- mixed vegetable combination, such as corn, peas, carrots, and lima
- 1 teaspoon chicken flavor instant bullion
- 1 cup water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken-flavor instant bouillon
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add vegetables, beans, 1 teaspoon bouillon, 1 cup water, curry, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables are cooking, combine (in a medium saucepan) 1-1/2 cups water, margarine, and 1 teaspoon bouillon; bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Before serving, fluff couscous with fork, then spoon onto platter.
- Top with chicken and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with parsley.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 6