By opening a few cans this quick and delicious chili comes together in minutes!
Lean ground beef simmered with spices, Michigan Beans, tomatoes, and corn. Use leftover chili to make quick chili-cheese topped baked potatoes for another meal.
- 1-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 cans (15 oz.) Michigan Kidney Beans
- 1 can (15 oz.) Michigan Pinto Beans
- 2 cans (15 oz.) diced tomatoes with garlic and onions
- 1 can (15 oz.) no added salt, whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the ground beef in a large pot over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- Add kidney and pinto beans, tomatoes, corn, cumin, chili powder, oregano and salt and pepper.
- Simmer over low heat for about 40-60 minutes.
- Serve with a variety of toppings (avocado, shredded cheese, light sour cream) and corn muffins.