These brownies will satisfy your chocolate craving and since the beans add fiber and protein there’s no guilt needed.
Makes 16 brownies
- 1 (15 oz.) can reduced sodium Michigan Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8×8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Add black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa, vanilla, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour in a food processor. Secure the lid on processor and blend until mixture is smooth.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish, using spatula to get batter from food processor.
- Top batter with chocolate chips and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of brownies comes out clean.
- Let brownies cool completed before cutting into squares. Serve with fresh strawberries or raspberries.
Nutrition information per serving: 132 Calories; 5.5 g Fat; 19.4 g Carbohydrate; 3 g Protein; 2 g Fiber; 67 mg Sodium