If you’re looking for a nourishing alternative to enjoy at your next coffee or snack break, try these wholesome, delicious muffins. The star ingredient is Michigan Beans which add taste, texture and nutrition to make a tasty and satisfying treat!
Makes approx. 16 servings.
- 2 (15-oz.) cans Michigan White Beans, drained and rinsed, or 3-1/2 cups cooked dry beans
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine beans and milk in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Mix sugar and butter in a large bowl; blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Add bean mixture, stirring until well blended. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Fold in
- chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into 16 greased or paper-lined muffin tins about half full. Bake at 375°F for
- 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition information per serving: 240 calories; 7 g fat, 37 g carbohydrate; 115 mg sodium