- 1 (15-ounce) can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or other oil
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and cut into small chunks
- 1/2 pound cooked ham, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne0
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups rice (cooked and hot)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add green pepper, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, ham oregano, ground red pepper, and bay leaf; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Place rice on large platter and cover with bean mixture.
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley or mint. Serve hot.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 4