- 3 cups cooked Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed or 1-1/3 cups dry Pinto Beans
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can lowfat, no-salt-added chicken broth
- In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken; set aside.
- Coat skillet with nonstick cooking spray and sauté onion, garlic, carrots, pepper and curry powder.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in broth until mixture thickens.
- Combine all ingredients in a casserole and cover.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 6
Serving size: 1 cup
Sodium: 203mg (73mg if using dry beans)
2 lean meat