- 2 cups dry Navy Beans
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup lean ham, chopped (can use a leftover ham bone or any other
- leftover meat; remove fat before cooking)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak, drain and rinse beans.
- Put the soaked beans, 6 cups of water, the carrots, onion, and meat in a large pan and bring it all to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and cook 2 hours (until the beans are tender.)
- If needed, add more water while the beans are cooking.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)*
Servings per recipe: 3
Serving size: 3/4 cup
*Nutritional analyses were done using dry beans.