- 3-1/2 cups cooked Black Beans, drained and rinsed or 1-1/3 cups dry Black Beans
- 2 cups cooked lean turkey, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups orzo or other small pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 fresh green chili pepper, chopped (if desired)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 6 cups romaine lettuce leaves, torn
- Cook pasta in boiling water 6 to 8 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain and rinse under cold water, then drain again.
- In a blender or food processor, blend lime juice, vinegar, garlic, dry mustard, and other seasonings together until smooth.
- Slowly add oil during blending process until dressing is thick and creamy.
- In a salad bowl, mix pasta, turkey, peppers, onion, beans and cilantro.
- Pour dressing over turkey/bean mixture and toss until well coated.
- Divide torn lettuce leaves among 6 plates and top with salad mixture.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 6
Serving size: 2 cups
Sodium: 490mg (327mg if using dry beans)
2 lean meat