- 1 (16-ounce) can Black Beans, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can Navy Beans, drained
- 1 cup tomato, coarsely chopped (about 1 large tomato)
- 3/4 cup small macaroni shells, uncooked
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped (about 1 small)
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves (chopped fresh) or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- Mix all ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until macaroni is tender.
- Serve hot. Suggestion: Serve with thick slices of lightly buttered and toasted French bread, sprinkled with garlic salt.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 4