Makes 8 servings
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Michigan White Beans, rinsed and drained (or 3 cups of cooked dried beans)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Calabrian chili paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½1/2cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 3 cups fresh arugula or spinach, chopped
- 8 (8-ounce) wide mouth glass jars
- Combine all bean salad ingredients in a bowl and let stand up to 24 hours to marinate in the refrigerator.
- Before assembling jars, let salad mixture stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Mix well and layer the bean salad evenly in the bottom of 8 jars. Top evenly with quinoa, feta cheese, sunflower seeds and arugula or spinach.
- To serve, pour contents of the jars out onto a bowl, toss well to combine.
Recipe: Amanda Leatherman, The Fresh Chef