We all love a green bean casserole with holiday meals and Michigan Beans makes this dish deliciously special!
- 1-1/2 cups French Fried Onions (like French’s®), divided
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups cut frozen green beans, cooked
- 1-1/2 cups Michigan White Beans, cooked or canned
- 1 can Campbell’s® Healthy Request condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350∞F. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Sauté the onions and mushrooms in the butter. Add the green beans, Michigan White Beans, mushroom soup, chicken broth, 1/2 cup French fried onions, soy sauce, and the salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste. Sauté until thick, about 10 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-quart baking dish and top with 1 cup of the French fried onions and cheddar cheese. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes until hot, bubbly and golden brown on top.