Yes, beans can also have a role as a nutritious ingredient in sweets and these Michigan Bean Double Chocolate Truffles are what healthy dessert dreams are made of… no baking required!
- 1 can (15 oz.) of Michigan Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk or dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a food processer, add black beans, honey, coconut oil and vanilla. Blend for 4-5 minutes until smooth; scrapping down the sides as needed.
- Add cocoa powder and blend thoroughly. Scrape mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out the mixture and roll into balls. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and return to refrigerator for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Make chocolate coating by adding chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Roll truffles in chocolate coating and return to parchment paper. Sprinkle immediately with desired toppings. Refrigerate for another 15 minutes before packaging up for gifts. (Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week).