- 1 (16-ounce) can navy Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups tomatoes, peeled and chopped, reserving liquid
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 8 tablespoons plain lowfat yogurt
- Place eggplant cubes in a colander and sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to dry.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add eggplant and cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet and add curry, cumin, garlic, and pepper.
- Stir in stock, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes, green pepper, onions, and cauliflower.
- Cover and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Return the eggplant to the pan and add beans, zucchini tomatoes, and raisins.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 8
Serving size: 1-1/2 cups
Sodium: 377mg (595mg using canned beans)
1 lean meat