- 2 cups dry Navy Beans
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Drain soaked beans.
- In a large stockpot , combine beans with enough fresh water to cover by 2 inches.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until beans are almost tender, about 40 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 2 cups of the cooking liquid.
- In a 3-1/2 quart slow cooker, combine beans, reserved liquid, and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and slow cook until beans are tender, about 8 to 9 hours on low (200°F.)
- During the last hour of cooking, increase the heat to high (300°F,) and uncover to evaporate the excess liquid.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 7
Serving size: 1 cup
Sodium: 214mg (560mg using canned beans)
1 lean meat