- 1 cup dry Navy Beans (or 3 cups canned, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Dash black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- If using dry beans, soak in 3 cups of water for up to 8 hours (or overnight in the refrigerator.)
- Drain and rinse.
- Combine with 3 cups of fresh water and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender.
- In a blender, purée the Navy Beans, sour cream, garlic, onions, cilantro, soy sauce, lemon juice, and mustard. With the blender on, slowly add the oil until blended with purée.
- Add pepper and cumin and blend for 2 seconds.
- Pour into a serving bowl, cover, and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with raw vegetables or tortilla chips.
Servings per recipe: 8
Serving size: 1/2 cup