- 1 (16-ounce) can Black Beans, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can Navy Beans, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 pound turkey polska kielbasa, diagonally sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots (about 3 medium carrots)
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cups dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix all ingredients in ungreased 3-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake about 1 hour or until hot and bubbly and carrots are tender.
(Note: Serve on open face whole-wheat buns. Top each empty bun half with a lettuce leaf, a tomato slice, and two pickle slices.)
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 8