- 15 pounds dry Pinto Beans with enough water to cover
- 5 gallons water
- 20 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 pounds onions, diced
- 2 (#10) cans (about 7 quarts) tomato sauce
- 1 (#10) can (about 3-1/2 quarts) tomatoes, chopped
- 5 ounces chili powder
- 4 ounces cumin
- 2 ounces garlic salt
- 1 (12-ounce) can whole green peppers, chopped
- 2 gallons beef stock
- Hot red chili peppers, crushed, to taste
- Cover beans in water and soak for up to 8 hours (or overnight in the refrigerator.)
- Drain and rinse.
- In a large stockpot, combine beans and 5 gallons water. Simmer with lit slightly tilted, 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until beans are tender. Drain.
- In nonstick pan, brown beef and onions. Add beef mixture and remaining ingredients to the beans. Simmer for 30 minutes or until flavors are fully blended.