This easy-to-assemble, colorful pasta salad can be eaten warm or chilled.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 can (15-16 oz.) Michigan Navy or Cannellini Beans, drained; or 2 cups cooked dried beans
- 3 cups assorted bell peppers (red, yellow, and green), diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. whole grain penne pasta, cooked according to box directions (reserve the pasta water)
- 4 tablespoons pepperoncini’s (fresh or jarred), cored, seeded, sliced thin
- 5 tablespoons canned black ripe olives, chopped
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over low heat. Add garlic, cook for 3 minutes. Increase heat to high, add beans and peppers. Cook 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pasta pot according to directions.
- Drain cooked pasta and reserve ½ cup of pasta water. Add pepperoncini, olives, parsley, lemon juice and bean and pepper mixture to the large pasta pot, add pasta and water, toss well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour in a large serving bowl and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve hot or cold. Let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour to serve cold.
Recipes and photos courtesy of cannedbeans.org