- 2 tablespoons finely diced kalamata olives
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- Dash ground red pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can Michigan White Beans (cannellini or navy), rinsed and drained
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Whisk together olives, lemon rind, lemon juice, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic, and red pepper in a bowl.
- Place beans in a bowl; drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive mixture.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Coat salmon with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add salmon to pan, skin side down; cook 6 minutes. Turn salmon over; cook 1 minute or until done. Keep warm.
- Add arugula and onion to bowl with beans. Drizzle with remaining olive/lemon mixture; toss. Divide salad among 4 plates; top each serving with 1 fillet. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 387 calories; fat 15g; protein 40g; carbohydrates 21g; fiber 8g; sodium 599mg