- 1 (15-ounce) can Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can Dark or Light Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Coat saucepan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sauté green pepper and onion until tender.
- Add beans and remaining ingredients.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 5
Serving size: 1 cup
Sodium: 280mg (650mg using canned beans)
1 lean meat