- 1 (15-ounce) can Dark or Light Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 (15-ounce) cans Vegetarian Baked Beans
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 (15-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Coat a heavy skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add onions and water.
- Sauté until water has evaporated and onions are soft.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 8
Serving size: 1 cup
Sodium: 685mg (885mg using canned beans)
1 lean meat