These Mason jar salads are full of flavor, fun and fabulous healthy ingredients. Just perfect for a summer outdoor lunch or dinner.
Makes 4 (16 oz.) jar servings
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (look for precooked packages)
- 1 (15 oz.) can Michigan Pinto Beans or Small Red
- Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups corn
- 2 orange bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Blend all dressing ingredients together in a blender or food processor and set aside.
- Divide quinoa evenly among the 4 clean jars. Pour approximately 1/3 cup of dressing into each jar and stir to combine with quinoa.
- To each jar, layer in the next ingredients in equal amounts – pinto beans, corn, orange peppers, grape tomatoes and red onion.
- Place tops on jars and refrigerate. Serve within 4 days.
- When ready to eat, simply dump the salad onto a plate or into a bowl and serve with tortilla chips if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 510 Calories; 17.5 g Fat; 76 g Carbohydrate; 15.5 g Protein; 14 g Fiber; 597 mg Sodium