- 1 (15-ounce) can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup whole grain wheat
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 (4-ounce) jar chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 (8-3/4-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups tomato, chopped
- Combine water and wheat in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Combine stock, lime juice, chilies, oil, cilantro, and cumin in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Combine with wheat, rice, beans, corn, pepper, and onions. Stir well.
- Place tortillas on baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp.
- Arrange ¼ cup lettuce on each tortilla. Top each with 1 cup rice mixture and ¼ cup chopped tomato.
- Serve immediately.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 8
Serving size: 1 tortilla with 1 cup mixture
Sodium: 97mg (320mg using canned beans)
1 lean meat