- 2 cups canned Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Pepper to taste
- 4 (9-inch) low-fat flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup white or brown rice, cooked
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- Coat a medium-size, nonstick pan with cooking spray.
- Sauté garlic and onion until lightly browned and softened.
- Add beans, water, chili-powder, allspice, and pepper.
- Heat until hot and most of the water has been absorbed.
- Heat tortillas in oven or on burner.
- Put rice in each tortilla, then spoon in beans, and roll each tortilla up.
- Serve with salsa.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 1/2 cup bean mixture, 1 flour tortilla
1 lean meat