Makes 6 servings
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans Michigan White Kidney Beans (Cannellini), drained and rinsed, or 3-1/2 cups cooked dried beans
- 1 pound Michigan asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 4 medium radishes, diced
- 2 cups chopped arugula
- Lemon shallot vinaigrette, recipe below
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring a medium sized pot of salted water to a boil, add asparagus and blanch for 2-2 ½ minutes depending on spear thickness. Transfer to a bowl of ice water to shock, then drain.
- Place beans, asparagus, radish and chopped arugula in a large bowl.
- Prepare Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette and shake well. Pour vinaigrette over vegetables in bowl.
- Toss in shaved parmesan and let stand 5 minutes before serving.