- 1 (15-ounce) can Cranberry Beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can Pinto Beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 1 large sweet red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons, chopped parsley, plus additional for garnish
- About 3/4 cup Vinaigrette (see below)
- Boston lettuce leaves
(Makes slightly less than 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Drain the canned beans, rinse well, and drain well again.
- In a large bowl combine the beans, onion, and parsley.
- Add half the vinaigrette, blending well. (More vinaigrette can be added according to taste.)
- Serve the bean salad on individual plates lined with Boston lettuce leaves.
- Sprinkle a little parsley on each plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil.
Servings per recipe: 4 to 6