- 1 (15-ounce) can Light Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup bulgur, uncooked
- 1 (15-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Coat a nonstick pan with nonfat cooking spray and sauté carrot, pepper, onion, and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- In a large pan combine sautéed mixture with remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes, stirring often to prevent bulgur from sticking to pan.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 1-3/4 cups
Sodium: 890mg (658mg if using dry beans)
1 lean meat