- 1 (15-ounce) can Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 green bell peppers
- 3 cups corn
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut off tops of green peppers, leaving a hole about 2 inches in diameter and remove seeds and inner ribs.
- Immerse peppers in boiling water, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove peppers and place upside down on paper towels. Drain and cool.
- In a medium size bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Place 2 cup of filling in each pepper. Put filled peppers (filled side up) in a baking dish.
- Pour a little water into dish.
- Bake peppers at 375°F for 20 minutes.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 6
Serving size: 1 stuffed pepper
Sodium: 120mg (376mg using canned beans)
1 lean meat