- 1 (15-ounce) can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1 (8-3/4- ounce) can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted peppers in water, drained and rinsed and cut into
- 1/3 cup green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 cup part-skim Ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 6 cups fresh spinach leaves
- Bring water and salt to a boil in saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add couscous and stir well.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add Black Beans, corn, chestnuts, roasted peppers, onions, and jalapeno peppers.
- Stir gently.
- Combine cheese, vinegar, oil, and cumin.
- Stir into couscous mixture.
- Spoon into an 11x7x2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- To serve, spoon couscous mixture onto individual servings of spinach.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 6
Serving size: 1/6 of recipe
Sodium: 245mg (460mg using canned beans)
1 lean meat