- 3-1/2 cups cooked Navy or Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed, or
- 1-1/3 cups dry beans
- 4 Italian tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or mint (1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 6 celery hearts, with leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except beans in a large bowl.
- Add beans and stir carefully, so they do not break apart.
- Serve salad cold on a bed of lettuce.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 1 cup
Sodium: 210mg (58mg if using dry beans)
2 lean meat